In this guide I will show you how to get Postmodern Era (PME) units in Industrial Age (INA)! I would consider the PME units the 2nd big milestone in your Higher Age Units adventure after the first PE units. Particularly the MG Team units you'll be able to get are AMAZING! They're a complete game changes, and will make your continent map fights much easier (and quicker). They're also great in GBG and GE, allowing you to start doing some more auto-fighting here! If you wanna see me take all the PME provinces, check out this video:
In total you will be able to get the following higher age units:
Modern Era: 7 Commando (Light), 6 MG Team (Ranged), 1 Champion (Heavy).
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Goods Required
- Technologies Overview
- Continent Map Overview
- Postmodern Era Story Quests
- Skipping Contemporary Era
Goods Required (excluding technologies)
Negotiating Cai Chet Nui:
- INA: 25 Coke, 50 Fertilizer, 50 Textiles, 50 Whale Oil
- PE: 50 Asbestos, 25 Explosives, 25 Gasoline, 50 Machine Parts, 25 Tinplate
- ME: 25 Convenience Food, 50 Ferroconcrete, 25 Flavorants, 25 Luxury Materials, 50 Packaging
Negotiating Rung Chien Dau (2 Sectors):
- INA: 2*25 Goods
- PE: 2*25 Goods
- ME: 2*25 Goods
The exact goods depends on which 2 sectors you negotiate, you can check the costs here: https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Rung_Chien_Dau
- 3 Technologies (any)
This can be any technologies. In addition to that, you also need to build various buildings, so you need to make sure to either have researched them or gotten enough from GE, Events, Daily Challenges etc. You should already have all of these researched, but I'll just leave them here anyways :)
- 1 Current Age Military Buildings
- 1 Current Age OR 2 Previous Age Culture Buildings
- 3 Current Age Decorations
- 1 Current Age OR 2 Previous Age Culture Buildings
Continent Map Overview
When it comes to the continent map, there are a few restrictions you need to keep in mind. There are a few different ways you can do this map that should result in getting all units, but because I did it one way I can only speak to that and will use that order in this guide. So, first of all you need to make sure you negotiate Cai Chet Nui (marked as province 1 in image) and for now negotiate at most 2 sectors of Rung Chien Dau (province 7). After that you should follow the order in the image, which will quite quickly give you the 5 MG Team. After the first province you can decide if you want to fight and/or negotiate the remaining provinces (though don't continue on Rung Chien Day (7) until after completing Rung Trai (6)).
Whenever you have completed a province you can start scouting the next one immediately, no need to wait at any point.
Postmodern Era Story Quests
Below you'll find a list of all the PME story quests in the order you get them if you follow my suggested path on the continent map.
1) Here we go! Reach the PME continent map.
2) Scout the first two provinces. Don't take any sectors yet.
3) Spend 22 FPs and gather 220k supplies.
3 Side Quest 1) At some point among the first few quests you will get a set of side quests, starting with this one. To complete it negotiate 2 sectors of each of the provinces you just scouted (but not more yet!). I believe you can abort this if you want, I don't think it is required to trigger the story quests that give MG Team, but I'm not 100% sure, so abort at your own risk. In any case, I would complete it for the diamonds anyways.
3 Side Quest 2) This you can abort if you want, or you can complete it for the random rewards.
3 Side Quest 3) This you can abort if you want, or you can complete it for the random rewards.
3 Side Quest 4) Delete 4 units and spend 12 FPs. Here you get your first PME unit! It's an alright unit to fight with, though it'll soon be replaced by MG Teams :)
3 Side Quest 5) This you can abort if you want, or you can complete it for the random rewards.
3 Side Quest 6) This you can abort if you want, or you can complete it to get 1 Rogue.
4) Infiltrate 2 sectors of each of the first two provinces.
5) Negotiate all remaining sectors of Cai Chet Nui (the northern province, 1 on my map overview) and aid 15 players. Don't do any more sectors of Rung Chien Dau before required by quests.
6) Scout the province north of of the province you just took, and fight / nego all sectors of it (Sot Dam Lay).
7) Pay the supplies and complete 5 8-hour productions (in any production buildings, including "special" ones like Terrace Farms, Sleigh Builders, etc)
8) Pay the supplies and complete 6 8-hour productions. Finally, you have your first MG Teams! These will be a game changer on the continent map and elsewhere, have fun!
9) Infiltrate 2 sectors and Fight / Nego 3 sectors. This can be any lower age sectors, or if you have already scouted Trung Doi you can do it ther. You need 2 infiltrate 2 Trung Doi sectors later on anyways, so you might as well do it there now.
10) Pay the supplies and complete 7 8-hour productions. And here we go, you now have all the MG Team! Having 5 really helps a lot when taking provinces, much easier to take them in one go without using diamonds on healing them!
11) Scout the two provinces north of Sot Dam Lay (Trung Doi and Day Du Ao). If you infiltrated 2 sectors of Trung Doi for quest 9 the second part will be auto-completed, if not infiltrate 2 sectors.
12) Fight / Nego all sectors of Trung Doi.
13) Scout the province north of Trung Doi (Khay Huyen Bay Gio) and Fight / Nego one sector of it.
14) Pay the supplies and complete 10 8-hour productions.
15) Fight / Nego the remaining sectors of Khay Huyen Bay Gio and gather the goods. You can start scouting the next province for quest 19.
16) Pay the coins and recruit 2 current or 4 previous age units. You can do this in GE, GBG, PvP Arena, Royal Bathhouse (Egypt Settlement Reward), Events, and/or simply through military buildings.
17) Pay the supplies and delete 3 current or 4 previous age units.
18) Spend 22 FPs and Fight / Nego all sectors of Day Du Ao.
19) Scout the province next to Khay Huyen Bay (Rung Trai) and infiltrate 4 sectors. If you take (Fight / Nego) all sectors the second part will be auto-completed, though if you do you will skip over the quests Take Him Down and Finish Him!. These will give 2 random rewards and 6 FPs, so up to you if you want those or not. Personally I took all sectors for this quest, so I skipped right to the quest Minh Ho-Chi:
20) Gain 1.1k Population and Happiness. This can easily be done by buying and selling buildings, or for example by placing an event special building, those usually give both population and happiness.
21) Now you're back to the western side of the story! Fight / Nego the remaining sectors of Rung Chien Dau, and scout the next two provinces. I had already taken all sectors of Rung Chien Day when I completed the previous quest, so I might have skipped over a quest to acquire Rung Chien Dau. If that's the case, simply complete that first! Then Fight / Nego all sectors of Phuc Kich.
22) Scout the sector north of Phuc Kich (Mau Mat Dat) and Fight / Nego one sector of that province. (Start scouting the sector to the west of Phuc Kich when you've scouted Mau Mat Dat)
23) Research any technology and spend 32 FPs.
24) Build 1 current or 2 previous age culture buildings and Fight / Nego at least another 2 sectors of Mau Mat Dat. You can take all sectors now if you want.
25) Fight / Negotiate all sectors of Ciai Cuu Binh Minh. If you've taken all Mau Mat Dat sectors start scouting the province to the north.
26) Aid 20 players and build 3 current age decorations (you can't unlock peace sculpture (PME decoration))
27) Fight / Nego the remaining Mau Mat Dat sectors and delete 3 current or 4 previous age units. Start scouting the province to the north if you haven't already.
28) Spend the FPs and gather the goods.
29) Finish a 5-min production 10 times (in any production building) and gather 200k coins.
30) Scout the province north of Mau Mat Dat (Dong Bang Song) and Fight / Nego 4 sectors of the province.
31) Fight / Nego all remaining Dong Bang Son sectors.
32) Gain Population and Happiness. This can easily be done by buying and selling buildings, or for example by placing an event special building, those usually give both population and happiness.
33) Scout the final PME province (Ong Chu Cuoi Cung)!
34) Infiltrate 3 sectors of Ong Chu Cuoi Cung and research any technology.
35) Spend the FPs and gather the goods.
36) Fight / Nego 2 sectors of Ong Chu Cuoi Cung and build 1 current or 2 previous age culture buildings.
37) Fight / Nego another 3 sectors of Ong Chu Cuoi Cung and research any technology.
38) FIght / Nego the remaining sectors of Ong Chu Cuoi Cung and recruit 6 current or 8 previous age units. You can do this in GE, GBG, PvP Arena, Royal Bathhouse (Egypt Settlement Reward), Events, and/or simply through military buildings.
39) DON'T ABORT OR COMPLETE THIS QUEST! When you complete this side quest you will get a PME story quest that requires you to research a PME technology. If you want further higher age units you need to keep this quest active at all times. Only abort or complete this when you have gotten all the higher age units you want!
Skipping Contemporary Era
Due to unavoidable Tech Blockers, you have to skip the CE story quest if you want to get TE+ units. Luckily, this is quite easy to do, and you should be fine fighting through the CE map with your PME units. That said, you can fight and/or negotiate as you wish, there are no requirements for how you take the sectors. The only requirement here is to skip Salfah and Suqqah (see image below), that is very important.
Also, while you are going through the CE continent map you shouldn't do any quests. This includes story, side and recurring quests. I don't think you need to 100% adhere to this in regards to recurring quests, but I'm not sure when it's ok to them, so I would play it safe and simply ignore all types of quests while going through CE.
Follow this order, skipping the two provinces marked with red crosses!
Healing Time. The Hover Tank is the heavy military unit of the Future Era. It is unlocked through the Gravity Fields, and is the second unlocked unit of the Future Era. It is trained in the Hover Tank Base and it can also be received by completing the Greetings from a Friend and Business in Bisoraba Story Quests.
The highest era troops a player can receive in BA and IA are two Armored Infantry (heavy units). These are obtained via the EMA Bonus Questline. This questline can be triggered in any age, but most players reach it in IA. It is triggered by completing the story quest "Maktaba" and taking the province Dunkelwald.
) are the "heavy armored" class of military units. Up until the Progressive Era, they are usually the fourth unlocked unit. They receive defense bonus from plains, they gain a defense bonus against light units.
The main goal of the game is to expand and develop a city, evolving from the Stone Age to the colonization of Jupiter Moon.
Hovercraft tank, or, officially, the amphibious hovering tank (Russian: Земноводный подлетающий танк) was developed at Moscow aircraft plant #84 in the USSR in 1937 by a group of engineers led by professor Vladimir Israilevich Levkov.
The Archer is the most successful unit in the iron age and also better than the mounted archer of the EMA. Not only heavy units, but also light and even fast units--which actually have defense and attack bonuses against them--are vulnerable against archers.
Alcatraz produces those units you can produce in your city through Military Buildings. During peaceful phases, it can be a good strategy to remove all Military Buildings and leave Rogue Hideouts only. In this case Alcatraz produces Rogues only. Already on level 1, these are 120 Rogues per month.
Numbers of U.S. military service members vary by state, driven mostly by workforce levels at large bases. There were a total of 1.3 million active duty military and more than 800,000 reserve forces as of September 2017, according to Defense Department personnel data.
In order to attack a Ranger, a unit must be in a hex that is adjacent to it. This ability greatly makes ranged and artillery units much less effective against the Ranger.
Jaegers should move into bushes and forests and attack from range to be most effective against them.
Great sword warriors are an ideal counter to heavy knights. If you have rouges, use them with great swords.
The most space-efficient way to build up your city is to have straight streets. In order to do this, you should build your road as follows: your town hall is now in the top corner of the city. From here, you want to select the square which is the top and leftermost one on the top-left side of the town hall.
Players can receive diamonds in game through some quests, buildings, Guild Expeditions rewards and conquering certain provinces, however those occurrences are fairly rare. 250 diamond package as a daily price in a single day of the event. Diamonds are shared between all worlds on your same account.
Unlocking Tier 3 Troops requires an academy of level 15, and the Ballista's skill. Further research in the defence and attack skills will increase the stats of the Tier 3 Troops, and is a requirement to unlock Tier 4 Troops.
Tier 4 Units are only unlocked at City Hall level 21. You need to minimize the costs of upgrading your buildings and technologies. Some of your buildings can be at a lower level than the others and it is totally fine. You shouldn't really need to focus on a lot of the buildings yet.
The Castle is also the only building that provides you with a maximum army size in the game. At the start, a Level 1 Castle only gives an army size of 1,800. However, by the time you reach Castle Level 25, you'll be able to send 200,000 troops just based on having an upgraded Castle and no other boosts.
Training speed guide for Mightiest Governor event - Rise of Civilizations